HAVE A VIDEO YOU WANT TO FEATURE ON OUR PAGE?

Submit Video

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert
Advert
Advert

Massive new PlayStation Plus freebie appears online earlier than planned

Sam Cawley

Published 
| Last updated 

Massive new PlayStation Plus freebie appears online earlier than planned

Featured Image Credit: PlayStation Plus

PlayStation could be releasing a new PS5 bundle, that’ll come complete with the console and 24 months of PlayStation Plus Premium.

Advert

Bundles are nothing new for the system, which has sold several iterations but are usually packaged with a game like God Of War: Ragnarok or Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Sometimes the bundles even include multiple games for a much higher price.

This new bundle though, which is currently unconfirmed, will reportedly feature a 24-month membership for PlayStation Plus Premium, the highest tier available for the service which includes online play, free monthly games, an extensive game catalogue, game trials and cloud-streamed legacy titles from the PS1 to PS4.

The bundle was shared on Twitter by @Zuby_Tech, who also shared two mock-up images of what the bundle will look like.

Advert


Sony hasn’t officially confirmed or denied the bundle's existence, but Zuby_Tech has been right in the past when it comes to new bundles, as they also shared a bundle that comes with two PS5 controllers before it was officially released, adding credibility to the leak.

Advert

It does make sense for PlayStation to push a bundle like this one, as it was recently announced only 30% of PlayStation users subscribe to the Extra and Premium tiers of PS Plus, whereas the other 70% subscribe to the cheaper Essential tier. Including two years of the highest tier for a discounted price could be what PlayStation needs to convince users of its value.

Loading…

It also comes at an important time in the subscription's life, as the company recently announced it was testing cloud-streamed PlayStation 5 games, which would allow Extra and Premium tiered subscribers to play a selection of titles without having to install them to their system.

Advert

In other news there’s been a variety of new content added to the PlayStation Plus service, like June’s free monthly titles, new additions to Extra’s game catalogue, as well as some bonus freebies that have gone down well with fans.

Topics: PlayStation, Playstation Plus, PlayStation 5, Sony

Sam Cawley
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Bandai Namco

Xbox gamers can play a 9/10 RPG free right now

8 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read