GTA 5: Assault On Cayo Perico free update available now
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Rockstar Games
GTA V and GTA Online have been thundering along for close to a decade now, and between them have roughly sold a gazillion copies.
Fans have been desperate to hear what's going with GTA VI for the past few years. Recent reports suggest a 2025 release isn't out of the question. Meanwhile, Rockstar Games continues to work away delivering substantial updates to GTA V's hugely popular Online counterpart.
Earlier this year, Rockstar dropped a massive San Andreas story expansion for GTA Online. Now there's a new free update for the game that comes packed with a new mode and plenty of new features to keep players happy.
Right now you can get stuck into an an all-new, multi-stage Adversary Mode, Assault on Cayo Perico. In this brand-new mode, you work with a team and fight over control of the island, which was added to GTA Online as part of a major update a few years back.
Also this week, the Buckingham Weaponized Conada featured in the previous San Andreas Mercenaries is now available for all players to pick up from Warstock Cache & Carry.
And is if that wasn't enough for you, here's what's in the rest of the update;
- New Adversary Mode: Assault on Cayo Perico, giving out Double GTA$ and RP this week
- New Vehicle: The Buckingham Weaponized Conada Helicopter, now available from Warstock Cache & Carry
- Returning Modes: Occupy, Extraction, and Trading Places (Remix)
- Triple GTA$ and RP on Ammu-Nation Contracts
- Double GTA$ and RP on Bunker Sell Missions
- Doubled Bunker Research Speeds
- A collectible Ammu-Nation Baseball Tee for completing a Bunker Sell Mission at any point this week
- An Atomic Rally Spec livery for the Maibatsu MonstroCiti (Off-Road) for completing a Gunrunning Resupply Mission and an Ammu-Nation Contract before September 6
- On PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S
- Premium Test Ride: The Pegassi Weaponized Ignus (Super)
- This week’s HSW Time Trial takes place between Vinewood and Vespucci Beach
- Premium Deluxe Motorsport Showroom Vehicles: The Mammoth Squaddie (SUV), Pegassi Zorrusso (Super), Declasse Walton L35 (Off-Road), HVY Nightshark (Off-Road, 40% off), and HVY Insurgent (Off-Road, 40% off)
- Luxury Autos Showroom Vehicles: The Pegassi Torero (Sports Classic) and Ocelot XA-21 (Super, 40% off)
- Lucky Wheel Top Prize: The Nagasaki Outlaw (Off-Road)
- LS Car Meet Test Rides: The Dinka Veto Classic (Sports), Pegassi Reaper (Super), and Annis Euros (Sports, 40% off)
- LS Car Meet Prize Ride: The Pegassi Toros (SUV) for placing Top 5 in the LS Car Meet Series for three days running
- 30% off all Bunkers and their Upgrades and Modifications
- Weapon Discounts: 40% off Mk II Weapon Upgrades and 30% off Explosive Weapons (Railgun, Rocket Launcher, Sticky Bombs, Molotovs, Homing Launcher, Remote Bomb, Grenade Launcher, Proximity Mine)
- Vehicle Discounts: 40% off the HVY Nightshark (Off Road), HVY Insurgent (Off Road), Ocelot XA-21 (Super), and Annis Euros (Sports)
- Gun Van Discounts: 30% off the Heavy Rifle and for GTA+ Members only, 30% off the Up-N-Atomizer
- GTA+ Benefits: A free Penaud La Coureuse and Penaud Rally livery, free Santo Capra x Manor Suit Jacket and Pants, complimentary Anodized Lime Pearl Chameleon Wheel Paint, extra rewards on Junk Energy Time Trials, Land, Air, Open Wheel, and Stunt Races, and more