GTA 5 is getting a massive San Andreas story expansion
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Rockstar Games
If new reports are to be believed GTA 6 could finally be coming as soon as next year - but that doesn't mean Rockstar isn't go to continue to tickle the lucrative cash teat that is GTA Online for as long as it possibly can.
GTA 5's massively popular Online mode has gone from strength to strength over the past decade, introducing heaps of new content, modes, and features while continuing to attract a staggering number of new and returning players. It's a heck of a feat, but with GTA 6's release date closing in, we'd assumed things might start to wind down for GTA Online. Not so.
Check out everything we know about GTA 6 so far below!
Coming this month, on June 13, fans can expect GTA Online: San Andreas Mercenaries to launch. This free expansion will see players working together to fight Merryweather Security as part of the Los Santos Angels.
Players will take part in missions involving "stealing sensitive data from server farms, conducting raids, and dropping explosive payloads on high-value targets across the state." Heavy stuff.
Rockstar also promises "spontaneous opportunities" to make money and earn new items in the world by taking down moving targets and completing random events.
Finally, a number of community requested fixes and improvements are being added to the game, including the below:
- When calling Mors Mutual Insurance, you'll be able to claim all destroyed vehicles at once.
- An alternate sprint control option (hold to sprint) will be added to the Settings Menu.
- Custom description tags for garages to help quickly locate your favorite rides.
- The Willard Eudora and Albany Classique Broadway will become eligible for Taxi Work when using Taxi Liveries.
- Updates to the Creator to incorporate additional props and weather options, including snow.
San Andreas Mercenaries launches June 13 on all platforms. Rockstar will have more information to share as we draw closer to the launch, so stay tuned.