30 Steam games you can play for free right now
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Valve
Given that I'm currently barreling towards the ripe old age of 30 I've come to regard the number with a certain terrified contempt. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing good about the number 30. So it's with some confusion that I report to you there are currently 30 free games to download and keep on Steam.
If you're keeping an eye on Steam regularly, you'll know there are heaps and heaps of free games added to the platform every week. Most of them are the kind of games you'd probably never have considered looking twice at, but there's always some gems hidden in muck.
Speaking of gems, check out our 10/10 review of Starfield below!
Anyway, if you're keen to try something a little different then consider trying one of these 30 games on for size. I'm sure there's something in at least one of these that you'll respond to. Don't be shy, now.
Without further ado, here are the 30 free games Steam users can currently download and keep:
- Glitchers: Hack 'em Up - Fight and Hack enemies in this casual beat ‘em up fantasy game with a puzzle twist.
- Mission: Space - By creatively building your own spaceship, you'll fight your way through space against pirates.
- MONOTONIA: First Contact - Work, pay your bills, and survive!
- Franzen - A turn-based RPG set in a dystopian-steampunk world.
- AploVVare Collection - A creepy arcade game collection
- Rainbow - A thoughtful 2D puzzler
- Stories One - A blending of FPS and MOBA that actually looks quite interesting.
- Blitz Runner - An arcade platformer/battle royale in a colourful sci-fi world.
- Clash Of Panzer - A World War II game with mostly negative reviews... maybe avoid this one, actually.
- SYNCED - Multiplayer futuristic shooter that looks to be a refreshing change of pace from the normal FPS fare out there.
- Crowned Control - Good fashioned couch co-op.
- MICROVOLTS: Recharged - A third-person shooter crossed with Toy Story, a really fun looking game.
- Car Manufacture - An automotive tycoon game that takes players through the history of the car.
- URBO: Dream One - A meditative puzzle game where you build houses around the mysterious Tower.
- The Riflemen - Multiplayer first-person shooter with classic WW2 bolt-action rifles.
- STG Football - A free-to-play, real-time, arcade football game designed from the ground up.
- Anonymous Hacker Simulator - Step into the shoes of a skilled Anonymous hacker and embark on a mission to unveil the truth.
- Spaceminers - A game that promises you can mine for 'real gold', which doesn't sound at all dodgy.
- Marvel SNAP - You've heard of this one. An excellent Marvel card game that allows you to battle it out with all your favourite characters.
- Daisho: Survival of a Samurai - An action RPG that also utilises survival and village building mechanics.
- Road to Top G - Survive waves of zombies, collect perks, unlock boss door, and face the Top G in an intense showdown.
- Versus Vampire - A multiplayer title that sees you engage in a war between humans and vampires.
- Summum Aeterna - A “fast-paced Roguelite inspired by the Metroidvania Aeterna Noctis,” where you’ll “create your own worlds” in each new run.
- Fight! Olyn Island - A multiplayer strategy game that plays a lot like chess.
- Galatic Glitch - An Action-Roguelike with physics-based combat mechanics.
- 90 Minute Fever - Kind of like Football Manager, but not quite as good.
- Dynast.IO - A survival game with RPG elements.
- World Of Rune - An MMORPG game with tons of different characters and mystical cute pets. You can play as one of four classes.
- The Last Exodus - Turn-based sci-fi strategy for my fellow nerds.
- Sim Companies - A cool little trading sim where you can pretend to be a banker pissing money away without ruining the IRL economy and destroying lives.