Massive GTA 6 leak confirms a ton of new gameplay mechanics
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Rockstar Games, 12th Hour
It’s another day which means we've got yet another mountain of Grand Theft Auto VI rumours and leaks to sift through.
It feels like no exaggeration that countless rumours are making the internet rounds on a daily basis when it comes to the next entry in Rockstar Games’ ever-popular Grand Theft Auto series. Yet, until Rockstar Games gives fans a GTA VI release date, story details or trailer, that rumour mill will continue to spin until the end of time.
Check out our GTA VI news round up video below!
The only official news that we’ve had from Rockstar Games was back in February 2022 when the developer announced that it was working on GTA VI. Sadly, no further details were provided and we’ve not heard a peep since, so here we are with yet another batch of rumours. Before we proceed, the following rumours should be taken with a pinch of salt until proven otherwise.
The latest leak in question is courtesy of a Google Doc which is packed with alleged details about GTA VI from a group of anonymous individuals. To be fair, whether or not the details are true, it makes sense to remain anonymous as it will protect the identity of those who may face potential legal action from Rockstar Games or its parent company, Take-Two Interactive.
The document in question is a direct result of those infamous gameplay leaks and is a handy breakdown of all the reported details of GTA VI since that time. The document states that some of the mechanics in Grand Theft Auto VI are new, while others may be taken from Red Dead Redemption 2.
Here is a breakdown of some of the rumoured gameplay mechanics in GTA VI:
- Players will be able to loot bags and fallen NPCs similar to the Red Dead Redemption series. Previously, when an NPC was downed in GTA, money and weapons would float around the NPC. It is also claimed that players will be able to carry fallen NPCs.
- GTA VI will have "Loot Bags” for the rumoured two playable characters, Jason and Lucia, to store items in. Essentially, players will be able to store stolen goods in a duffle bag.
- Players will be able to cover the character's face with weapons to protect themselves when under attack. This apparently can also be done while crouching.
- Players will be able to revive themselves when down, said to be similar to when Arthur revives his horse in Red Dead Redemption 2. It will also feature a buddy communication and pin mechanic.
- Players can switch shoulders while aiming and can even grapple during first fights. You can also free aim while shooting from a car window, said to be similar to GTA: San Andreas.
- GTA VI will feature an ‘Eagle Eye System’ which is said to highlight items of interest including loot and security cameras.
- There may be a weight and muscular system with Jason being larger and possibly stronger than the smaller Lucia. So it might be safe to assume that Lucia may be faster and more athletic. A MultiGym was also mentioned, so could we see a system similar to GTA: San Andreas in which players could build up CJ at the gym or put on weight if he eats too much food? Only time will tell.
In other recent news, a subtle but important detail could make Grand Theft Auto VI the most immersive entry in the series yet, and it is claimed that the next game will have a whopping file size of 750GB! I'm dubious about the latter.
It is expected that GTA VI will be released sometime between 2024 to 2025 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.