To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Cyberpunk 2077 publisher giving away fan-favourite Witcher game for free

Cyberpunk 2077 publisher giving away fan-favourite Witcher game for free

Cyberpunk 2077 publisher giving away fan-favourite Witcher game for free

I don’t know about you but 10% of my The Witcher 3 gameplay consisted of progressing the story and fighting monsters while the other 90% comprised of me beating everybody a** at Gwent. So for those who loved the in-game card game as much as me, CD Projekt Red has you covered.

As mentioned, when you are not hunting down monsters or choosing whether Geralt’s heart belongs to Yennefer or Triss, The Witcher 3 has an in-game card game that is guaranteed to waste a few hours. Not only can you play against NCPs and take part in a quest where each game increases in difficulty, you can also find/buy cards around the world to keep as collectibles and build your pack.

Check out The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt below!

After the success of the in-game version of Gwent in 2015’s The Witcher 3, developers CD Projekt Red decided to release a standalone game titled Gwent: The Witcher Card Game which was released in 2018.

The turn-based card game looked a bit different to its in-game comparison but most importantly, it allowed players to go head-to-head with friends and strangers alike in a battle of wits.

“Join in The Witcher universe’s favorite card game — available for free! Blending the CCG and TCG genres, GWENT sees you clash in fast-paced online PvP duels that combine bluffing, on-the-fly decision making and careful deck construction,” reads the official game synopsis. “Collect and command Geralt, Yennefer and other iconic Witcher-world heroes. Grow your collectible arsenal with spells and special abilities that dramatically turn the tide of battle. Use deception and clever tricks in your strategy to win the fight in classic, seasonal and Arena modes.”

Most importantly is that the fan-favourite game is free to play for PC gamers over on GOG. What says ‘Merry Christmas’ better than beating your loved ones in a card game this festive season?

Featured Image Credit: CD Projekt Red

Topics: The Witcher 3, The Witcher, CD Projekt Red, PC