To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

It Looks Like Jake Paul Might Be Coming To Twitch

It Looks Like Jake Paul Might Be Coming To Twitch

And the internet has had mixed feelings about it.

Imogen Mellor

Imogen Mellor

Jake Paul, one of the two famed Paul brothers, might be starting his very own streaming career. The internet celebrity turned boxer has been showing off a new PC build on his Twitter account with a caption that is making people wonder if he's seriously considering another string to his bow of content options.

As spotted by Dexerto, Jake Paul is eyeing up the streaming platform Twitch. Although he rocketed to fame on Vine before making the jump to YouTube, the younger of the two Paul brothers hasn't shown much interest in streaming up until now. And although streaming is available on YouTube, he's seen browsing the Just Chatting section of Twitch, indicating that might be where he's most likely thinking of taking the plunge.

Here are some of our favourite streamer wins and fails...

Under the original tweet showing his new set-up, the content creator has posted a poll to survey the interest of his audience in him trying out streaming. At the time of writing, the poll has had a total of 30,000 votes and 52.4% of voters have said that they wouldn't want him to stream. The other 47.6% said they'd view it. Ouch.

It's not surprising that most people who have seen this poll have said that they wouldn't want to watch Jake Paul, just because a lot of people who would have found the tweet aren't going to be genuine fans of the YouTuber. In case you didn't know previously, the Paul brothers aren't exactly the most popular of content creators following a string of controversies. And with the added boxing rivalry between the Pauls, KSI and the rest of the boxing world, there are those that actively dislike the content creator siblings. But who knows, maybe streaming would bring in more people who genuinely enjoy the work of Jake.

Alternatively, he might not be thinking of streaming at all. Instead, he may just be saying he's interested in the platform to get people talking about him and seeing that he's got a luxe new set-up created by the brand tagged in the post, Digital Storm. A good bit of marketing would go their way and Jake could just say he's not going to stream because of the negative response in the poll. We'll just have to wait and see if he makes an appearance on Twitch in the near future.

Featured Image Credit: Jake Paul (via Twitter)

Topics: News, Twitch, YouTube