Diablo 4 major free update available now, makes huge number of changes
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo IV fans fear not, for a major free update is available right now that makes a huge number of changes to some of those niggling problems that have been affecting your playthrough.
Patch 1.1.3 introduces a big long list of improvements, fixes, and tweaks; there’s a lot of information to digest, so if you want to see the full list of what’s changed head to the Blizzard website to have a thorough read for yourselves. All the changes you see mentioned will download when you launch the game, thanks to the wonders of Battlenet.
Watch the bloody trailer for Season of Blood!
It’s important to point out that the big fixes are very much aimed at Season of The Malignant to ensure a smoother experience while you hack your way through the chaos to prepare your character for Season of Blood, which will launch 17 October. It feels weird to look that far ahead when there’s still so much to do in the current season, but we know how much you love to plan your battles, especially when they involve furious vampires.
- Fixed an issue where the Shadow Clone provided by the Caged Heart of Trickery displayed an improper tooltip in Fields of Hatred.
- Fixed an issue where Crowd Control effects could be applied to the Shadow Clone from the Caged Heart of Trickery and then carried over to the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Caged Heart of the Calculated would not trigger its stun effect if the cast skill was Imbued.
- Fixed an issue where monsters could open the door to the chamber where Varshan is encountered in the Ravening Pit.
- Fixed an issue where the Echo of Varshan quest would not be completed after defeating Varshan if the player previously died to him.
- Fixed an issue where completed Season Journey objectives displayed in the Recently Completed section of the Challenges menu.
- Fixed an issue where the rewards for defeating Varshan the first time wouldn't go to the player's Stash if they were missed.
- Fixed an issue where Echo of Varshan did not have a guaranteed Legendary drop chance after Level 35.
- Fixed an issue where Cormond would not appear after defeating Varshan during the Cold Hard Truth quest if the party leader was killed during the fight.
Make sure to dive back into the gory action to get the latest patch, or you can look ahead, thinking about all the possibilities that Diablo V could offer. Ideally improving on the many mistakes that have plagued Diablo IV.