Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is playable early
| Last updated
Featured Image Credit: CD Projekt RED
It’s the oldest trick in the book. You may be able to play Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty early if you take advantage of global release times, switching the settings around on your console.
We’re just days away from Phantom Liberty’s release and oh boy, I am very excited. Cyberpunk 2077’s first and only expansion is set to release on 26 September. The map has already dropped online and trust me, it’s absolutely massive. The expansion will take players to Dogtown, unlocking a new storyline, set of side quests, and ending. The DLC is also set to introduce a number of quality of life upgrades and new gameplay mechanics which are also coming to base game in the upcoming Update 2.0 - set to drop on 21 September. If you’re itching to dive into Phantom Liberty, you may be able to take advantage of the just-announced global release times.
Take a look at Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty in action below.
- Los Angeles, Monday 25 September 4pm PST
- Mexico City, Monday 25 September 5pm CST
- New York, Monday 25 September 7pm EST
- Brasilia, Monday 25 September 8pm BRT
- London, Tuesday 26 September 12am GMT
- Paris, Tuesday 26 September 1am CEST
- Warsaw, Tuesday 26 September 1am CEST
- Johannesburg, Tuesday 26 September 1am SAST
- Kyiv, Tuesday 26 September 2am EEST
- Dubai, Tuesday 26 September 3am GST
- Beijing, Tuesday 26 September 7am CST
- Seoul, Tuesday 26 September 8am KST
- Tokyo, Tuesday 26 September 8am JST
- Sydney, Tuesday 26 September 9am AEST
- Wellington, Tuesday 26 September 12pm NZDT
If you’re looking to dive in on Xbox or PlayStation, you can disregard this information. Phantom Liberty will unlock at 1am local time on consoles meaning you can take advantage of the trusty ol’ New Zealand trick. As I’m sure you’re aware, via this method, those in New Zealand will be the first to receive the game.
To nab the game early on PlayStation 5, set up a PlayStation account with the region set to New Zealand (unless you already have one from previous early access attempts, and then simply log in). Over on Xbox, it’s much easier. Just enter your console’s settings, select ‘Language & Location’, and change your location to New Zealand. Happy playing!