• News

  • TV & Film

  • PlayStation

  • Xbox

  • Nintendo

  • PC

  • Reviews

  • News

  • TV & Film

  • PlayStation

  • Xbox

  • Nintendo

  • PC

  • Reviews

  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • SPORTbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Threads
Submit Your Content
Street Fighter Pro Banned From All Events Following Sexual Assault Accusations
Home>News
Published 12:40 13 Jan 2022 GMT

Street Fighter Pro Banned From All Events Following Sexual Assault Accusations

After the story went viral, Oliveira claimed that it was "a story [he] made up."

Imogen Donovan

Imogen Donovan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Eren Li via Pexels, Capcom

Topics: Esports, no article matching

The following news story contains mentions of sexual assault.

Robson "Robinho" Oliveira, a veteran Street Fighter pro player, has been banned from all Capcom-owned esports events following the emergence of allegations of sexual assault.

Last week, Oliveira admitted that he encouraged his ex-girlfriend to drink to excess and have sex with eight different strangers as "revenge" after a family member sent him a video of her in a sexual relationship with someone else. The story, which was told in a Street Fighter V stream, has been translated by Twitter user CruzaderOnline and the clip went viral on social media.

Speaking in an interview with Brazilian website ge, Oliveira argued that his allegations have been taken out of context. "That was a story I made up right away, in a jibe. That thing about drinking doesn't even exist. People are distorting the whole story," he said. "They're accusing me of something that was said in jest. I'm sad because people are being mean. Wanting to harm me with it, even banning me from the Capcom Cup."

Street Fighter V /
Capcom

Though the company hasn't issued an official acknowledgment or response to these events, the player has found himself removed from the Pro Tour website and all social media posts celebrating his victories have been scrubbed from the Internet. Furthermore, PATOZ Team has distanced itself from Oliveira, stating that he will no longer be a part of the organisation, and he is banned from all Capcom-owned competitions from now on.

pic.twitter.com/2wehizbPmN

— Capcom Fighters (@CapcomFighters) January 7, 2022

The Twitter account for Capcom Fighters expressed its disappointment in the player in a post saying that these alleged "reprehensible and atrocious acts" are unacceptable and that the law will likely become involved in this admission. It clarified that his ban extends to “Capcom-owned and/or operated events including Capcom Cup, Capcom Pro Tour, and Street Fighter League” as well as "tournaments and events in all locations throughout the world.” Lastly, Capcom Fighters added that it hopes this will be “quickly investigated" and "addressed... to the fullest extent of the law" by local authorities.

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
4 hours ago
7 hours ago
8 hours ago
  • Sony Pictures Releasing
    2 hours ago

    Resident Evil Fans Spot Major Plot Hole — But There’s Actually an Explanation

    The new Resident Evil arrives this year!

    News
  • Rockstar Games
    4 hours ago

    GTA 6 Gamers Must Take One Important Step Before Pre-Ordering

    GTA 6 will be here soon!

    News
  • LucasArts
    7 hours ago

    Star Wars KOTOR Remake Leaks Online, And It's Not Pretty

    We've got a bad feeling about this...

    News
  • Nintendo
    8 hours ago

    Nintendo's Next Legend Of Zelda Freebie Is Out Now, With A Catch

    A Link to the present

    News